Dementia & Alzheimers
At FirstCol, we have been providing dementia care for our clients for many years.
- We have a specialist dementia team who receive comprehensive training.
- We ensure all assessments are conducted by qualified individuals.
- We have at hand our First-In Emergency Homecare team to help prevent admission into hospital/care homes or in times of crisis.
- We develop personal plans that offer meaningful activities.
- We focus on cogitative stimulation activities.
- We build smart approaches to dietary support.
- We create a familiar community for our client via consistency of Carers.
- We ensure that consistency is at the core of our care plans. This allows our carers to build a strong bond with the client.
- Assistance in recalling important things, such as recent events.
- Help in planning special occasions or solving problems.
- Help to carry out normal/daily activities.
- Care within familiar surroundings.
- Retaining independence.
- Emergency Homecare Service.
We understand the challenges often inherent in supporting someone with dementia. This can be challenging for both the family and professionals. We are committed to providing holistic, high quality, person-centred care and support to both clients and their families. Our practical understanding of Dementia as an illness helps us to provide appropriate psychological and emotional support. We have developed creative and innovative ways for both our clients and clients' families to live well with Dementia. Our robust induction training and specialist Advanced Dementia Programme means our team are not only highly skilled, they are continually mentored and supported to provide the highest possible care.
For support with any circumstances or for more information, please get in touch
Testimonials and feedback
We pride ourselves on our broad experience working across the NHS and private sector.
“The team went above and beyond. Christine had dementia and they could not have looked after her any better they were very supportive when I found it hard to cope.”
Get support with Homecare requirements or start your career journey with FirstCol
For more information please get in touch